Will I ever have to pay this money back?

If you receive payments for a child who is no longer your dependent or if your income has drastically changed, you may have to pay that money back, though there are some protections in place for those with incomes below $80,000 (for individuals or non custodial parents), $100,000 (for single, head-of-household), or $120,000 (for filing jointly).